Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kanro Pure Gummy Sour Plum カンロピュレグミ梅


I've never really been a gummy person, up until recently. I'm more of a jube person. A friend of mine sent me these in a care package and I was abit taken aback. A) because it's "ume" flavour, Japanese sour plum, something I'm not too keen on, and B) the package says "gummy" but it looks more like a jube.

Only one way to find out though. And I'd hesitated enough, so I decided to give them a whirl today. The packet is something I would expect from Japan. Bright pink and compact. Very cute. The gummy (I want to say jube here) is also very cute- light pink and in the shape of a heart.

Ooohhh is that sour. But not as sour as Shigekix, and after a few seconds the sour sugar melts off and leaves me with a flat jube-like candy that is soft enough to chew. The candy underneath still has some sourness but there is also sweetness.


I feel these are closer to what Aussies would call a jube, so I can say I DO like these! They are not as soft and rubbery as gummy I have previously experienced. I really like the texture.

These are quite addictive. The sour punch at the beginning is really good, and then it dies down abit and becomes a regular soft candy. Yum! These might just have turned me into an "ume" liker instead of a hater, too.

I would love to see a grape version of Pure gummy!

Yes, I wholeheartedly recommend these to you. Thorougly enjoyable and addictive. You might need to get a couple of packs at one time... P.S - Yasu didn't get any because I at the WHOLE LOT! :)

6 comments:

Desley said...

I`ll try and get you a few other flavours to try, my kids just finished a pack of strawberry ones, they love them..

ebidebby said...

ありますよ!http://ebidebby.blogspot.com/2009/11/kanro-pure-grape-gummy.html

Ume sounds really good, though! Ume with a little sweetness can be just divine. I hope I can find this flavor!

Kelly said...

@Desley: Strawberry sounds good! I was remarking to Yasu that you're a pretty good snack chooser...all the ones you've sent me I really love!

@ebidebby: It looks like grape was just as addictive to you as other flavours.. and you commented that it was hard not to eat the whole bag. Looks like I have no self control! ;) I actually thought of you when eating these as I know you like "suppai" candy... I didn't realise you'd already eaten them before! Duh :)

Thanks guys for your comments!

Anonymous said...

I like sours gummy from nobel. Cute TV commercial too http://www.japansugoi.com/wordpress/sours-gummy-candy-tv-commercials/

NFORSA said...

ahhhhhhhhh where can I buy these I just got back from trip to Japan (I was away for a month) and these were my favourite "grape flavour"

Tasty Japan said...

I'm not sure, depends where you live, but I would say check the Japanese supermarkets in your area. Of course, this flavour may no longer be around, but you might be able to find the Grape.

Post a Comment