Monday, July 19, 2010

Pocky Dessert Strawberry Custard Cake ポッキー・デザート 苺のカスタードケーキ風





Introducing the latest flavours in the Pocky Dessert range courtesy of Jason @ napaJapan, a plumper and more elegant version of the original Pocky. I reviewed the Mont Blanc version back in March when these were also released.

Like the Mont Blanc version, these have a double coating - a layer of yellowish white chocolate coating the pretzel stick and a weave-like design of strawberry chocolate over the top.



The smell is very sweet and all I can smell is strawberry! Biting in, the strawberry chocolate on the top is very soft and the texture reminds me of icing on a cake. The flavour is like that of a strawberry sponge cake. The custard chocolate underneath has a flavour of vanilla, it's buttery and rich like a good sponge cake.

The pretzel stick underneath is crunchy without being overly so. The blend of custard and strawberry is absolutely gorgeous and I can't stop eating this Pocky! It really is like a nice dessert, in fact I could eat this for dessert any day! It's decadent without being too rich. The strawberry is mildly sweet and has a few tart notes bursting out without making the chocolate sour.

Yum! is all I can say on this one! I definitely recommend these! 

You can find another review of this Pocky at 8tokyo.com 

Brand: Glico
Calories per box: 97
Website:  http://pocky.jp/products/dessert/index.html
Buy it now at napaJapan

5 comments:

Karin Tou said...

Wow, these sound really good! This is the first time I have seen these reviewed online before too. I am a pocky fan, my all time favorite is the original melon pocky the thin sticks? Have you tried those? They were the first ones I ever tried and they are still the best in my opinion.

Will you try any more pocky in the future? I will bookmark your blog, anyway great work on the blog too I wanted to say! X)/

Tasty Japan said...

Hi Karin Tou, thank you for visiting and for your comment. As a matter of fact, I have another Pocky review coming up in the next few days and it is a Dessert pocky too! :) Thanks for adding me to your bookmarks. If you have a blog I would be happy to add you to my blogroll too. :)

StoryBookDreams said...

Oh my gosh! This looks super delish! Haha, I had to Chocolat Fromage Dessert Pocky (reviewed) and I thought it was pretty okay. This looks really good though.
(Oh, in case you don't know, this is my new blog, so check it out if you want!)

Anonymous said...

unfortunately these aren't sold anymore...something about not meeting certain health standards...but they were the best Pocky I ever tasted

Tasty Japan said...

Where did you hear that? I know they're not sold anymore..but I didn't know it was because of that. Yes these were my favourite kind too! such a shame!

Post a Comment