Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Meiji White Chocolate

This bar was part of Yasu's Easter gift and he generously shared it with me for a review.

At the regular price of $3.99 this is not very good value. I'm guessing its double the price it would retail for in Japan (about 198 yen).

The bar is very flat, .5 cm high. The bar is portioned into small rectangles that are easy to break off and have the word Meiji stamped onto them.


This chocolate smells like Vanilla with a hint of creaminess. It melts very easily, that could be though because it's so thin.

The first taste is vanilla, and then an almost buttery flavour, followed by a bit of saltiness. After that it gets sweet, but ends on a salty note.

This chocolate is good in that it doesn't have that throat-burning sweetness that alot of white chocolate has. I also like the vanilla and salt notes, they are evenly balanced and don't take over.

I would buy this again for a treat. I definitely recommend it to those who stay away from white chocolate because of its sweetness.

4 comments:

ebidebby said...

Oooh, sounds nice! I've never had regular Meiji white, but they make a divine Matcha white chocolate bar.

Kelly said...

Really? I'll have to try that one!

Ian said...

You should give the Meiji Milk or Dars chocolate a try for comparison!

Kelly said...

Thanks. If I see it around, I definitely will!

Post a Comment